- As mentioned in the comments by Ben Feldman, Emery left his crease in the shootout. Hopefully this trend continues.
- Dan Carcillo continues to be an image of discipline. After taking a dangerous hit from behind, he showed some displeasure, but kept just cool enough not to draw a penalty. He walked the line today, but you know he would have jumped it last year.
- Ian Laperriere had a very good game. He had three hits and a blocked shot, finishing a +1 with just under 16 minutes of ice time.
- Coach John Stevens did a good job dishing out the ice time tonight as all 20 skaters finished with over 10 minutes of ice time. Chris Pronger still managed 28:16 though.
- Fourth line production was huge tonight. Darroll Powe's goal was assisted by Dan Carcillo and OKT, while Danny Syvret and Mika Pyorala were also on the ice.
- Danny Briere, Jeff Carter, and Scott Hartnell each finished a -2 on the night, while Kimmo Timonen and Braydon Coburn were a -1. Every other Flyer skater was a +1. This is becoming a worry, as the five are now a combined -21 on the year. They are also the five worst Flyers in that category.
Questions with Answers:
- How does the defense as a whole perform after a terrible group outing last Saturday? This was a very good game for the defense. They got one goal and four assists from their blue line tonight, and Boston's goals came on a screen, a deflection, and a juicy rebound in the slot where Kimmo was draped all over his man. See next answer.
- How long does the Syvret/Tollefsen getting more minutes experiment last? At least for this game. Syvret logged 14:18 tonight, with more ice time in the third period than he saw in the first. Tollefsen logged 11:58, also with more time in the third than he saw in the first. The pair both got more ice time in the second period with the long change, but they played well overall.
- Can the well-rested Flyers take advantage of a team coming off of a game last night? Well, they won. The Bruins came out stronger, but the Flyers quickly matched their energy level. In the third period, it appeared as if both teams slowed down after a physical second and start to the third, but at least the Flyers didn't appear tired as they did in Florida last week.
- How many hot dogs are consumed by the Wachovia Center crowd on dollar dog night? Travis, what's the final tally? Travis: 21,235 -- six by me.
Comment of the Night:
"John Boruk looks BA in this pic. Asham looks like he is about to come over the boards and eat the camera."