Your daily dose of Philadelphia Flyers news...
- Last night's NHL scores... BUF 3, EDM 1 - NJD 3, ANA 1 - WSH 5, NYI 4 (SO) - LAK 5, CAR 2 - DET 9, CBJ 1 - CHI 3, COL 2 (SO)
- We've got a ton of previews of this evening's matchup with the Ottawa Senators. Get the national perspective from the Canadian Press, TSN, and NHL.com. We've also got looks from the Inquirer, Daily News, Bucks Co. Times, CSN (one and two), Daily Times, FGSB, the Ottawa Sun, Ottawa Citizen, and Scarlett Ice. Also, be sure to check out Silver Seven for the full Ottawa perspective today.
Danny Briere is expected to play tonight, as is James van Riemsdyk. That means David Laliberte will likely sit and be sent back to the Phantoms. Ole-Kristian Tollefsen and Ryan Parent are not ready, giving way to Oskars Bartulis, ready to make his NHL debut.
Chris Pronger has had a profound effect on the Flyers D-corps. [Phinally Philly]
- Remember Mike Danton? The former NHLer who was locked up in a murder-for-hire plot to kill his agent back in 2004 was released on parole in September. He spoke to the media this week. [Kukla's]
- NHL general managers are changing their tune on head shots. [From The Rink]
- What is the purpose of hitting, anyway? [Hockey Or Die]
- Last night's Caps vs Isles game was won by Washington 5-4 in a shootout. That shootout went 11 rounds. [SB Nation]
- The Rangers only hope is their world-class goaltender Henrik Lundqvist. Teams have taken liberties with him, and the Blueshirts aren't protecting him as well as they should. [NY Post]
- The 10 most significant goals of the 2000's. [Puck Daddy]