- Blair Betts netted his first goal as a Flyer tonight. Good for him. Who cares how ugly it was.
- The Sens only goal came while Betts was in the box, and it all started on a lost faceoff by the Captain. Just sayin'.
- There were only nine combined shots in the first period. Hence why it was an overall boring game.
- After going 2 for 4 on the night, the Flyers power play is off to another great start.
- I may be nitpicking here, but after watching Richards up close (love finding empty seats in the fourth row), he did not have a very good game. Despite winning 64% of his draws on the night, one of the four he lost directly led to a goal against. He also had pucks bounce off his stick and his passes intercepted. These things happen.
- Oskars Bartulis got more ice time tonight than Ole-Kristian Tollefsen, Danny Syvret, or Ryan Parent have gotten in a single game all year. And he looked fine doing it.
- Lastly, I'm still amazed by Danny's second goal. I mean, look at where it goes one more time after the jump.
Here's Briere's Goal:
Questions To Answer:
- How much ice time do the Flyers top four defenseman see tonight? Does Pronger top 30 minutes? Not even close. Coburn led the way with 23:54, Pronger had 22 flat, Timonen 21:10, and Carle rounded it out with 20:36. Then again, with such a big lead, why not let Oskars and Syvret play 15 and 17?
- How will Emery perform against his old club, an organization that had a rocky relationship with? Well. He wasn't perfect, but the guy at the other end of the ice had a bad game. I'm sure Emery would like to have the goal back, but he made some big stops tonight too.
- Can the Senators keep their penalties under control? If not, can the Flyers capitalize? Maybe I remember the Flyers from the previous years too much, but four penalties doesn't seem too excessive. Either way, the Flyers capitalized by going 2 for 4.
- How many pretzels are sold on Dollar Pretzel Night? The last announced number was 9,972 if I remember correctly. But that was in the middle of the third period, so I'm not sure what the final tally was.
Comment of the Night:
I am really glad to see the Flyers pour it on and not sit back!
Official NHL highlights: