Your daily dose of Philadelphia Flyers news...
- Last night's NHL scores... CAR 5, MIN 4 (SO) - ATL 3, EDM 2 - CHI 4, SJS 3 (OT)
- Previews of this evening's matchup with the division-leading New Jersey Devils from the Canadian Press, NHL.com, Inquirer, Courier-Post, The Newark Star-Ledger, In Lou We Trust, and The Bergen Record.
- The Flyers will induct Dave Schultz into the Flyers Hall of Fame prior to the game this evening. He's the 20th member of the Hall and the first member of the Cup teams to be inducted since Joe Watson in 1996. [Flyers History] - [Inquirer]
"It makes me feel unbelievable. I don't think I've grasped that I will be forever in the Flyers organization. My grandchildren, my great grandchildren will come here and see my name. That's incredible." - Dave Schultz. [Courier-Post] - [Transcript of Media Availabilty]
- The Devils will try to play spoiler. They will go for their 10th straight road victory tonight in Philadelphia, a mark that would tie the NHL record for road wins to start a season. [NHL.com]
- New Jersey is a scary team and they'll be a tough test for the Flyers tonight. Down 2-0 to the Capitals on Saturday, they reeled off five unanswered to beat Washington 5-2. [In Lou We Trust]
- Bob Clarke thinks Eric Lindros deserves to be in the Flyers' Hall. Does a certain Daily News beat writer read BSH...? [DN]
- James van Riemsdyk may play tonight, but still recovering from the flu, should he take a risk as the team prepares to head out west for a week? [CSN Philly]
- Wayne Fish reports that John Stevens is contemplating moving Claude Giroux to center. [Bucks Co. Times]
- The Devils' trap system is widely regarded as boring, but does it deserve some respect? [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review]
- In his Sunday notebook, Tim Panaccio talks about Ken Hitchcock's 1000th NHL game. "We didn't have very much success. I kind of forgot how to be a head coach," said Hitch of his days in Philly. [CSN]
- Team USA could play in front of the largest crowd in hockey history this May. In Germany. [Toronto Sun]
- Carolina finally wins a hockey game, although it took a shootout over the lowly Wild to do it. [Canes Country]
- Rick Nash scores on one leg. [YouTube]
- Welcome Sean and his blog Now Is The Time to the Flyers' blogosphere. [Now Is The Time]
- Just another reminder, BSH Radio goes live tomorrow night at 7 PM Eastern right here at broadstreethockey.com.