It's Monday morning, the start of a new week that could be the last in the NHL this season for a number of players on the Flyers training camp roster. Luckily, most of us aren't undergoing that type of pressure this week, but let's take the load off this morning with some news from around camp and the NHL. Today is a cut day, with 11 days until the regular season begins...
- The Flyers are raising ticket prices on a few seats for certain games, just a few months after saying they wouldn't because of the recession. "Because of higher demand...," one Flyers exec put it. It's only going to affect a few games, but in some cases, $96 tickets are increasing to $130 a piece. [Inquirer]
- The Bruins traded Phil Kessel to Toronto this weekend, in case you missed it on Saturday. [Pension Plan Puppets]
COMMENTARY & ANALYSIS
- Is the Flyers discipline problem hanging over from last season? [CSN Philly]
- There is some obvious miscommunication between the coach and the general manager. [Bill Meltzer]
- ...so does that problem mean John Stevens should be out as coach? [mikefive in the FanPosts]
- Darroll Powe, after not having a shot during camp last year, is leaving nothing on the table this time around, regardless of whether or not he has a job with the Flyers. [Philly.com]