PHILADELPHIA - OCTOBER 16: Danny Briere #48 of the Philadelphia Flyers scores a power play goal at 6:43 of the first period against the Pittsburgh Penguins at the Wells Fargo Center on October 16 2010 in Philadelphia Pennsylvania. (Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)
Today's open discussion thread, complete with your daily dose of Philadelphia Flyers-related news...
- The Flyers play Pittsburgh tonight? Again? Really? [delcotimes.com] [CSNPhilly]
- This time, the Flyers brought their dads for the annual family trip: [Daily News]
- Surprising news from practice yesterday: Nikolay Zherdev was demoted to the fourth line while Andreas Nodl skated with Mike Richards: [Philly Sports Daily]
- Fantastic news: Ian Laperriere sees improvements in his recovery - "I’m not there yet, I’d like to say I am, but I’m not," he said. "But at least I don’t have the headaches, which is a major difference for me." [CSNPhilly]
- A good feature on Kimmo Timonen: [Flyers]
- The Spectrum demolition is becoming real, as this picture proves: [The700Level.com]
- Looking at the first nine games and picking 6 Flyers who will see their numbers revert to the mean: [SB Nation Philly]
- Joacim Eriksson stopped 18 of 19 shots in a 3-1 win: [euroflyers]
- The Penguins unveiled their Winter Classic jersey. It's what everyone expected: [icethetics]
- Highlights from yesterday's Traktor game, including Andrei Popov scoring: [euroflyers]
- Revelations from Kerry Fraser's new book: [Down Goes Brown]
- Happy 49th birthday Joel Otto!
- Lastly, another fantastic "Hockey Rules" Bruins ad, with the fans picking the rule this time: [Puck Daddy]