I am not sure if anything like this has ever been posted about on this site, so I’m deciding to give it a try. That one Old Spice commercial a few years ago bragged about how the sense of smell is the strongest sense tied to memory. That might be true, but sound is pretty strong too. There are just some songs or noises I hear that not only remind me of stuff, but also genuinely make me feel better or give me goose bumps or give me a total mood change. Some of these songs are random, but some have a lot to do with our Philadelphia Flyers. After I list my metaphorical “Flyers Play lists”, don’t hesitate to list your own.
1. I Gotta Feeling- Black Eyed Peas. If any of you have been fortunate enough to go to a ECF or SCF playoff game, or even this years home opener, then you have heard this song. I’m not sure about every home game, but for those previously mentioned games, the pre game montage opens up with this song.
2. Not Afraid- Eminem. I’m pretty sure it was NBC but they did their pre game get ready montage to this game before every SCF game. It was always filled with both Flyer and Hawk highlights, but it always ended with a Flyer highlight. I was convinced it would be our slogan this year: Flyer Hockey 2010-11: “Not Afraid.” I guess not… but still a great song.
3. The Orange And The Black- The Boils. This is our “win” song I guess. Its played in the stadium after every win. Pretty easy one.
4. Bro Hymn- Pennywise. Goal song.
5. ?Hot Hot Hot? They play this song after each 4th goal we score, symbolizing the free McDonalds breakfast sandwich that each ticket stub generates the next morning. I have been lucky enough to hear this song a lot, not because I go to many games, but because of a 17 game professional/college win streak I’ve had while in attendance. The teams included: Flyers, Phillies, Eagles, Florida Gators (once), Temple Basketball and Temple Football. That streak ended on game 6 of the NLCS :(
6. Sound of Madness- Shinedown. Pregame montage song for 2009-10 second half of the season. This song got me JACKED!
7. More Human Than Human- White Zombie. This is either the montage for this year or during the playoffs last year or both. I cannot remember. But the opening of this song is a great pump up song.
8. Go Johnny Go- ?. They played this when my favorite Flyer Sean O’Donnell, I mean John LeClair scored.
9. Hove?- Jay-Z. I’m not sure the exact name of this song, but it is the song they come out to during warm ups for the past few years. “Please allow me to introduce my self my name is HOVE. H- to the – O – V”
10. Vs. has a commercial with a song in the background with everyone running to their bars/pubs/stadiums to get to the game. Theres a clip of a kid in a Reemer jersey. The song goes, “Take me hooooooo ooo o ooooo ooome” I can’t describe it better than that. Anyone know it?
Anyone have any other good ones?