Today's open discussion thread, complete with your daily dose of Philadelphia Flyers-related news...
- Don't forget to vote today. Like Aaron Sorkin wrote, "I think it does matter who you vote for. What if it said, 'No matter who you vote for, make sure you vote.'?"
- Recaps of last night's win: [BSH] [CSNPhilly] [Daily News] [The700level] [Philly Sports Daily] [The Checking Line]
- The big news of the day was Danny Briere receiving a three game suspension: [BSH] and his "shock" at the decision: [BSH] [delcotimes.com] [Philly Sports Daily] [Puck Daddy]
- Scott Hartnell got Puck Daddy's first star of the night: [Puck Daddy]
Eric Wellwood made his debut last night, and was quite impressive: [Philly Sports Daily] [Daily News] [Flyers Goal Scored By...]
- He even got more ice time than JVR while leading the team in shots and takeaways: [HockeyGuy_DLEED]
- Claude Giroux is finally getting his due, "establishing himself as an elite player" [NHL.com]
- Jon Matsumoto finally got his big break last night. Sad he wasn't noticeable on the ice: [Philly Sports Daily]
- The North American Prospect Weekly Report in which Andrew Rowe, Nic Riopel, and Michael Chaput star: [Flyers Faithful]
- Brian McGrattan explains why he doesn't like Chris Neil, and it has to do with Neil making McGrattan fight his battles: [Puck Daddy]
- Arguing that John LeClair will be in the Hall of Fame within his second year of eligibility: [Hockey Prospectus]
- An interview with Bob Probert's wife with excerpts from his book: [USAToday]
- Happy 37th birthday Jason Smith
- Lastly, our own Travis Hughes sat down with Anthony San Filippo after last night's game to break it down. When it's posted (it's not up on www.delcotimes.com yet - WARNING, that link has autoplay) we'll put it after the jump.