PHILADELPHIA PA - DECEMBER 01: Scott Hartnell #19 of the Philadelphia Flyers slides on the ice after being tripped as goaltender Tim Thomas #30 of the Boston Bruins looks on at the Wells Fargo Center on December 1 2010 in Philadelphia Pennsylvania. (Photo by Nick Laham/Getty Images)
Today's open discussion thread, complete with your daily dose of Philadelphia Flyers news and notes...
- Recaps of last night's loss: [BSH] [CSNPhilly] [Philly Sports Daily] [Inquirer] [Flyers Faithful] [Daily News] [delcotimes.com] [Courier-Post] [The700level]
- Was the ugliest part of last night's loss the power play? [Philly Sports Daily]
- Or Scott Hartnell's shootout attempt? [The700level]
- The Phantoms loaned Cullen Eddy and Brian Stewart to Greenville of the ECHL: [PSPhantoms]
- Forbes says the Flyers are valued at $301 million: [Philly Sports Daily]
- Looking at the best coaching jobs through the first two months. Peter Laviolette gets the top spot: [From The Rink]
- If anybody has ESPN Insider, I'd love to know what this article says besides the headline: "The Boston Bruins and Philadelphia Flyers may be doomed because of LTIR": [ESPNinsider]
- Good article about why Michael Leighton's return causes more questions than answers for the Flyers: [The700Level.com]
- Remember, BSH pickup game this Sunday: [BSH]
- Lastly, an interesting tidbit from Assistant General Manager Barry Hanrahan: The Flyers are about $700,000 under the salary cap. [Inquirer] CapGeek disagrees with that statement.