#6 Philadelphia Flyers (27-23-3, 57 pts) at #8 Calgary Flames (27-20-8, 62 pts)
Pengrowth Saddledome - 9:30 PM ET - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
TV: CSN Philly HD, Rogers Sportsnet West
Radio: 610 WIP, XM 206
This is the open game thread.
Get the Calgary perspective at Matchsticks and Gasoline
The Flyers kick off a largely unhyped western swing tonight in Calgary, against a Flames team that recently got a whole lot less ugly with the subtraction of Olli Jokinen. The Flames haven't been playing well at all lately, and have undergone a huge amount of turnover recently (as Travis detailed earlier today).
Lukas Krajicek makes his debut for the Flyers tonight, and I think I speak for all of us when I say that the bar is set fairly low for this new #8 defenseman. As long as he's not horrendous, I'll be pretty happy.
The Flames are my (distant) second favorite team, so I'm hoping for a fairly non-demoralizing loss for them tonight.
After the jump, questions to be answered at some point in the near future, as well as all your comments, insights, and anything else you need to get off your chest.
Questions to answer:
- Braydon Coburn's hometown is Calgary. Does he celebrate the homecoming by doing something expected (scoring a hat trick in the opening five minutes) or something more expected (having three Calgary goals bank in off his skates in the opening five minutes)?
- This Krajicek guy -- he any good?
- Has Ray Emery learned to control a rebound yet?
- Do the cameras catch anybody in the arena wearing an Atlanta Flames throwback jersey?
- Are the Panthers and Flyers still tied at the end of the night?
It's a late night for us in the East, but hopefully worth staying up for. Go Flyers.