Today's open discussion thread, including your daily dose of Philadelphia Flyers news and notes...
- With the Flyers resuming their schedule tomorrow, we resume the Fly Bys today.
- In case you missed it, Canada beat the United States to win the Gold medal yesterday. Recaps: [AP] [SBNation] [CSNPhilly] [Puck Daddy] [Hockey or Die]
- A great line about the game: "Someone made the decision to watch their NHL team's next game. Some kid just made the choice to play hockey. Someone just learned the names Crosby, Miller, Luongo for the first time. Hockey has some new fans." [Deadspin]
- USA players quotes on how unhappy they are. Oh, and Tim Thomas paid for special Olympic pads to ride the bench? That sucks. [Puck Daddy]
- The Phantoms won both their games this weekend, 3-2 over Norfolk and a 3-2 (SO) win Lowell.
- Adam Morrison stopped 26 of 28 shots Saturday in a 3-0 loss. [Saskatoon Blades]
- Jacob De Serres stopped 30 of 33 shots Saturday in a 5-3 win for Brandon. [Brandon Wheat Kings]
- The Flyers waived Danny Syvret yesterday... [Frequent Flyers] [Daily News]
- ...Before he's fully healthy... [PostStar]
- ...In expectation of Ryan Parent's return... [CSNPhilly]
- ...Or to go after Raffi Torres? [SanFilippo]
- The Rangers claimed Alex Auld on waivers from Dallas. [Hockey or Die]
- Quotes regarding the Olympic break: [DelcoTimes]
- Questions coming out of the break: [Inquirer]