CHICAGO - MAY 29: Goaltender Antti Niemi #31 of the Chicago Blackhawks looses his helmet while making a save in the third period while taking on the Philadelphia Flyers in Game One of the 2010 NHL Stanley Cup Final at the United Center on May 29, 2010 in Chicago, Illinois. (Photo by Andre Ringuette/Getty Images)
Today's open discussion thread, complete with your daily dose of Philadelphia Flyers news and notes...
- Happy Memorial Day.
- Just can't get away from those goalie woes. [ESPN]
- Not so fast. People are wrongfully focusing on goaltending as the issue in Game 1. [Delco Times]
- And as a result, Leighton is starting Game 2 tonight. [BSH] [CSN]
- ... and it's the right choice. [Inquirer]
- Some statistical stuff on switching the goaltender. [Behind The Net]
- Meanwhile, the Flyers were absolutely dominated in the faceoff circle in Game 1, especially in the first period. [CSN]
- Dan Carcillo is playing tonight. Ryan Parent is likely sitting. Five defensemen for your Flyers. [In The Room]
- Jonathan Toews: "Again, as a team, I'm very thankful as a team we found a way. But again, I think we can all treat it as kind of a loss. We all know it wasn't our best game, so we will prepare to play much better tomorrow night. I think both teams are putting that game behind them." [ESPN]
- The Flyers need to tighten up on defense, but the Blackhawks are planning to do the same thing. [Inquirer]
- Game 1 on Saturday night was the best Game 1 rating for a Cup Final game in 11 years. [Puck Daddy]
- Why'd the Inquirer send John Gonzalez to Chicago again? Doesn't he hate hockey? [Inquirer]
- The sudden increase in national media writing about our Flyers is not a welcome sight.