Could Nabokov be the Flyers answer in net? I am not sure but playing Devil's Advocate here are some reasons why he could be if the price is right.
1) Insane Regular Season Numbers - 2.43 GAA 0.922 SV PCT last year, for his career 2.39 GAA and 0.912 SV PCT.
2) Playoff experience - He played in 80 playoff games and took his team to the WCF last season with 2.56 GAA and 0.907 SV PCT pretty good numbers despite a lack luster performance against the Hawks. His career playoff numbers are even better with a 2.29 GAA and 0.913 SV PCT. For comparison sake Vokoun only played in 11 playoff games and hasn't made it since 2006-2007.
3) 71 starts - Nabokov was totally over used, 71 starts that is crazy especially for a 34 year old guy. No wonder why he hits the wall come playoffs. The Flyers could and should mix in Boucher more and give him something like 55 starts which is still a lot and have a well rested goalie come post-season. Also the Sharks gave up a ton of shots during the regular season 31.4 per game. The Flyers were 5th best at allowing shots only 28.5 / G another factor that could keep Nabokov sharper come playoffs.
4) True No. 1 - Nabokov comes with zero question marks in terms of if he should or can be a starting goalie in the NHL and signing him would be and end to the annual goalie controversy in Philadelphia.
5) UFA - That means we could get Nabokov without having to give up anyone, Carter, JVR, Giroux to get him. Assuming we can get him a the right price. Pronger will only cost slightly over 4 million on the cap next year there is no reason why we couldn't find a way to get Nabokov at a decent number.
6) Nabokov right now > Price > Bernier > Ellis