Today's open discussion thread, complete with your daily dose of Philadelphia Flyers news and notes...
- You probably noticed the fan confidence poll on the top left of the site today. It's a permanent feature now, because we don't have to do the math. Will post the results of the weekly poll each Monday. So, go vote.
- In case you missed it, the Flyers are negotiating with Evgeni Nabokov. And they drafted Peter Luukko's son: [DelcoTimes]
- But, "PHI was told from the get go by Nabokov that he plans on going to July 1 UFA as he will have multiple options including the KHL." [TSNBobMcKenzie]
- Some quotes from Nick Luukko: [Flyer Files]
- A nice little introduction to the Flyers first pick, #89 overall Michael Chaput: [CSNPhilly]
- Claiming the Jonathan Matsumoto trade was not a surprise, but he will be missed in Glens Falls: [PostStar]
- Here's something I don't understand: The Flyers were losers at the draft because "The indignity of the Dan Hamhuis affair, in which the team acquired the defenseman's negotiating rights from Nashville only to then trade them to the Pittsburgh Penguins, earns them a place here." [Puck Daddy]
- Lastly, the Edmonton Oilers buy high, sell low: [Behind The Net]