He comes off the books today. Finally. (Photo by Dave Abel/Getty Images)
Today's open discussion thread, complete with your daily dose of Philadelphia Flyers news and notes...
- After years of LTIR hilarity, Mike Rathje is officially no longer a Philadelphia Flyer at 12 noon. Think about that if the team does nothing today and you're going to be depressed.
- That said, the Flyers are going to make an offer to Dan Ellis. [CSN Philly]
- It was reported in the Montreal media that Ellis wants a two-year, $4 million deal. Ellis told ESPN that he wasn't dead set on that figure, but it does seem that something in that ballpark will get something done. [@BroadStHockey]
- Meanwhile, yesterday, Michael Leighton picked up a new deal. Whether he's the backup or the starter is yet to be seen. [BSH] [NHL.com] [The 700 Level] [CSN Philly] [Flyers]
- Stats say it's an overpayment giving Leighton two years, $3.1 million. [Behind The Net]
- Rod Brind'Amour retired yesterday. One of my favorite all time Flyers. [Canes Country] [The 700 Level] [Hockey or Die]
- Eight things to expect today. [Puck Daddy]
- A whole bunch of stuff from Anthony SanFilippo. [In The Room]
- "I left my Fu Manchu, the handlebars, for a couple days and that was kind of fun." - Hartnell [Vancouver Sun]
- We'll have a FA open thread beginning at 11:30 AM Eastern today.