What was our best move so far... Well lets take a look. It would be tough to say what our worst move was because you could say a "non-move" is the worst move, but lets look at our best move.
1. Not trading a top 8 forward. Richards, Carter, Briere, Gagne, Hartnell, Lieno, Giroux, and JVR could be one of the best top 8's in hockey. Yeah we could have traded one or two to boost something else, but maybe keeping our captain (duh), a top 10 (2 and 8) goal scorer for the last two years, an all-time playoff hero (tied playoff points record for flyers), our longest tenured and most loved player (we all still love Gags), a rejouvanated fan favorite (Fu-manchu much?), Ville from Phillie, the stud of the future (our DeSean), and the stud of the slightly more future (our Maclin) wasn't the worst move. I like not trading any of these guys.
2. Michael Leighton will forever be known in Philly for his epic season last year. Will he repeat it? Who knows. But at 1.5 a year I love this move. He might be a backup, he might start, but either way, he's got more expierence, more confidence, and could be (if he stays at last years level) a great steal for the future.
3. Bradon Coburn has yet to reach his potential. Its looking more and more like he's already peaked. But... he can pile up the minutes, shows a physical side, and plays very well in the playoffs. For 3.2, it might be too steep, but if you cant upgrade your goalie, keeping him as a 4/5 D-man is a solid move.
4. Second round picks are over-rated (jk). Andrej Mezzazaros (I know I butchered it) for 4-4 wasn't exactly expected, so I'm neutral on this.
5. Sean O'Donnell, gritty, Lappy-type D-man.
6. Just heard this on NHL Network, but I think we just got Jody Shelly. This is the Wes Welker move of the year. If you remember, the Pats traded for Welker not because he was great, but because he killed them all the time. This year Jody Freakin Shelly almost took the playoffs from us (like Betts did the year before), and like with Betts, we just took him from them!