PHILADELPHIA, PA - OCTOBER 24: Chris Pronger #20 and the Philadelphia Flyers stand at attention during the national anthem prior to the game against the Toronto Maple Leafs at Wells Fargo Center on October 24, 2011 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. (Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)
Today's open discussion thread, complete with your daily dose of Philadelphia Flyers news and notes...
- Recaps: [BSH] [Pension Plan Puppets] [SB Nation Philly] [Philly Sports Daily] [CSNPhilly] [Inquirer] [delcotimes.com] [Flyers Faithful] [Daily News] [NHL Hot Stove]
- Tim Panaccio has a source that says Sean Couturier will not be sent back to Juniors. In the same story, Panaccio gets the 9 game slide rule wrong. So, you know. [CSNPhilly]
- Jakub Kovar stopped 23 of 25 shots in a 3-0 loss: [euroflyers]
- Published before last night's game, saying it was time for Scott Hartnell to shine. He did: [Flyers Goal Scored By...]
- Future Flyers Weekly Report starring Nick Cousins, Harry Zolnierczyk, and Niko Hovinen: [Flyers Faithful]
- NHL Power Rankings for Week 2 shows the Capitals as the biggest winner: [SB Nation Philly]
- Ted Nolan was in Rochester scouting Oskars Bartulis for Team Latvia yesterday: [DemocratandChronicle]
- Jared Ross' alma mater, University of Alabama - Huntsville, is ending their Division 1 hockey program: [SBNation.com] [On the Forecheck]
- Looking at only two-plus seasons worth of goaltending statistics may be dangerous and uninformative: [Pension Plan Puppets]
- In response to DIGR analyzing shot distance allowed as a team talent: [Arctic Ice Hockey]
- Looking at the method not chosen to adjust Corsi for zone starts: [Driving Play]
- Be wary of power play scoring inflating small sample successes: [Hockey Prospectus]
- A new episode of BSH Radio will be posted later today. Get excited.