NEW YORK, NY - NOVEMBER 26: Ryan Callahan #24 of the New York Rangers is hit by Claude Giroux #28 of the Philadelphia Flyers at Madison Square Garden on November 26, 2011 in New York City. (Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)
Today's open discussion thread, complete with your daily dose of Philadelphia Flyers-related news and notes...
Chris Pronger saw some neurologists in Pittsburgh while Brayden Schenn practiced with the team: [CSNPhilly] [Inquirer] [Philly Sports Daily] [Daily News]
- Frank Seravalli does some investigating and thinks he found the hit that concussed Pronger: [Frequent Flyers]
- Some numbers regarding the Flyers winning streak: [Philly Sports Daily]
- Ville Leino will miss "weeks" with a lower-body injury: [SBNation.com]
- There are a lot of NHL players out with concussions. [SBNation.com] In fact, a team made up of the concussed players would be really, really good: [Puck Daddy]
- Matthew Barnaby supposedly drove without a wheel for nine miles: [Deadspin]
- Two Detroit fans have a son who wears a Crosby jersey, a Penguins helmet, and throws a hissy fit trying to get his way. Go Red Wings: [Puck Daddy]
- From Tuesday night, but finally watched it: The Sharks put together another hilarious holiday video, this one nearly 9 minutes long. Watch if for no other reason than to see Logan Couture and Joe Pavelski: [Puck Daddy]
- So 24/7 Flyers/Rangers debuted last night and it was amaaaaaazing. Here's the unofficial drinking game* accompanying the show. [Puck Daddy]
- From Ben: In case you were wondering what that song last night was, here it is. MikeFive, we gonna collaborate on a cover? [YouTube] (Bonus: The song that is sampled in this song [YouTube])
- Using save percentage by game score to look at whether Tim Thomas really did make more timely saves - i.e. was more clutch - than Roberto Luongo last playoffs: [Brodeur is a Fraud]
- Lastly, a fantastic event sponsored by Flyers Faithful. It's a Pub Trivia night with half of all funds going to the Ed Snider Youth Hockey Foundation. Fantastic event, being held in March. Details: [Flyers Faithful]
* Broad Street Hockey does not encourage or condone binge drinking and wishes to remind you that alcohol should be enjoyed responsibly.