Today's open discussion thread, complete with your daily dose of Philadelphia Flyers-related news and notes...
PROGRAMMING NOTE: Please try to keep all discussion of the second episode of 24/7 in the thread for it, not here, to prevent spoilage. We'll have our reviews of it up later today.
- Recaps: [BSH] [Defending Big D] [CSNPhilly] [Inquirer] [Philly Sports Daily] [delcotimes.com] [Flyers Faithful] [The Checking Line]
- Anthony SanFilippo got a South Philly native, in Dallas on business, credentials to last night's game. In return, Rob wrote this recap: [In the Room]
Steve Ott and Peter Laviolette had a little tiff last night: [SBNation.com] [CSNPhilly] [Puck Daddy] [Broad Street Bull]
- So James van Riemsdyk is struggling: [Philly Sports Daily]
- Peter Luukko is excited to skate on the ice at Citizens Bank: [CSNPhilly]
- Remember when Martin Havlat hurt himself on a line change? He's going to miss 6-8 weeks because of that: [Puck Daddy]
- Former Predators assistant coach Brent Peterson underwent Deep Brain Stimulation to help fight his Parkinson's Disease. Watch the must-see video on how effective the treatment was: [On the Forecheck]
- Veteran goalies are struggling this year. Yes that includes Ilya Bryzgalov: [Hockey Prospectus]
- Combining power play percentage and penalty kill percentage to see how many goals teams are getting on special teams: [The Copper & Blue]