One of the finer points of HBO 24/7 Flyers-Rangers has been the accompanying soundtrack, whether it's because the songs are good or because the lyrics happen to fit the story perfectly. But one of the problems is that apparently, those in post-production at HBO are total hipsters, and half of the songs are completely outside of the mainstream.
Actually, that's not a problem. It's a good thing. And we have the Internet, so we can find those tunes and bring them to you. It also helps that HBO has a running list of songs played during the series on their website, making this whole search much, much easier.
Below, we've compiled the songs into a convenient YouTube playlist for your enjoyment. If you like the songs, we'd encourage you to support the artists and buy them on iTunes or some such equivalent. That way, you can carry them around on your fancy handheld computer or whatever. Much better than lugging around a YouTube playlist, right?
You can also find the complete list of songs below the jump as well. Episode 3 isn't listed yet, but we'll be updating with those once HBO lists them. We'd compile it ourselves but A) we're lazy and B) we don't want to miss anything.
You can also get the playlist on Spotify, although it doesn't include every single song. Most, but not all.
- The Black Keys -- Lonely Boy
- Fitz And The Tantrums -- MoneyGrabber
- The Coup -- My Favorite Mutiny
- Bronze Radio Return -- Everything Moves
- Blink 182 -- Fighting The Gravity
- MATILDA -- Stateless
- Mac Miller -- Knock Knock (obviously)
- The Black Keys -- Hell Of A Season
- Thrice -- Yellow Belly
- John Murphy -- Sunshine (Adagio In D Minor) (instrumental at beginning)
- The Candlepark Stars -- 24 fps (instrumental at end)
- The Black Keys -- Money Maker
- Foo Fighters -- My Hero
- REO Speedwagon -- Roll With The Changes
- Bronze Radio Return -- Wonder No More
- Princess Chelsea -- Frack
- Flo Rida -- Good Feeling
- M83 -- Midnight City
- Rival Sons -- Pressure And Time
- Johnny Polonsky -- Honesty (not on playlist, can't find on YouTube)
- Fitz And The Tantrums -- Don't Gotta Work It Out
EPISODE 3 (coming soon)
EPISODE 4 (coming way too soon)
Hat tip to good buddy Chris Banker for the HBO link and the inspiration to put a playlist together.