People of Earth,
During my last appearance as Grand Wwwyzzerdd of Trivia here on BSH, we got to talking music. I mentioned that I had a non-Garrett Klotz Argument-related album coming out, and the guys gave me permission to link to it from here upon its release.
Well, here it is. Recommended if you like, or are tangentially interested in: early Sebadoh / Lou Barlow, Nick Drake, early Elliott Smith, Damien Jurado, Adam Busch/early Manishevitz, Slowdive, Syd Barrett's early solo stuff, Joy Division's more atmospheric moments. If you like introspective singer-songwriter stuff with a psychedelic bent to it, or if you've got a hankerin' for sad, stoned British music (without the marijuana), then you'll (maybe) like this. Listen in headphones for the full effect.
Just to clarify some stuff before you listen / download:
- Yes, YoungLionApprentice is yours truly.
- Yes, I know the name is stupid. I got it here.
- Yes, the Play button beside each song allows you to listen to that whole song before downloading.
- Yes, some of the songs go into one another.
- No, I'm not the best singer in the world.
- No, you don't have to pay me for this even though it says "Name Your Price." You can name a price of zero dollars if you want. Think of it as a "suggested donation" box you'd see at a museum.
- No, I'm not trying to "get discovered," even by indie labels. I want to remain independent from the world of record contracts, signing over the rights to my songs, etc. etc. Trust me, the indies can be just as shitty as the big boys.
If you like this, tell a friend about it, and be sure to tell him/her that it can be downloaded for free.
Thanks for listening, and enjoy. Thanks again to Travis, Geoff, and Ben for letting me link this here as well.