Caption Contest. Go. (Photo by Claus Andersen/Getty Images)
Today's open discussion thread, complete with your daily dose of Philadelphia Flyers news and notes...
- Keeping the Briere line together validated Peter Laviolette. Sorry Whyno, but they have been broken up recently: [Philly Sports Daily]
- And really, shouldn't the credit for Briere's goal go to Matt Carle? Oh, you wrote that too... [Philly Sports Daily]
- Maybe a bit late, but SanFilippo joins the chorus of "stop the panic" [delcotimes.com]
- Simon Bertilsson was the best defenseman in yesterday's Game 1, according to his coach: [euroflyers]
- NHL Power Rankings. Did you know the Islanders and Oilers combined to earn 13 out of a possible 14 points last week? Crazy, right? [SB Nation Philly]
- Not surprisingly, Sidney Crosby means a lot to the Penguins. But now you have some numbers to see just how important he is: [Hockey Prospectus]
- Zdeno Chara will not be suspended for hitting Max Pacioretty: [SBNation.com] [Puck Daddy]
- Air Canada decides they want to get some publicity and threaten to remove sponsorship due to headshots, specifically the hit on Pacioretty: [SBNation.com] [Puck Daddy]
- It's reported that there are three local buyers interested in buying the Thrashers: [SBNation.com]
- Someone took the time to track passes using Windows Journal. Great work, crappy method. haha. Worth looking at it though, because it is impressive they went through that torture: [Behind The Net]
- Lastly, we have a new daily feature debuting this afternoon. Get excited. Refresh early and often.