[Shift Charts] - [Head-to-Head TOI] - [Corsi and Fenwick] - [5-on-5 Faceoffs]
Yes, the Flyers maintained their one-point lead (with two games in hand) on Washington in the Eastern Conference. But the Flyers have now earned 7 out of a possible 8 points in their last four games. Can we stop talking slump yet? Minus a bad 20:18 on Saturday, and people are barely remembering a week ago.
After going up 1-0 on a goal by Scott Hartnell (and really, the credit goes to Mike Richards), the Flyers then saw a hesitation by Nick Boynton result in a Stephen Weiss snipe and a crazy bounce off Darroll Powe's skate put them down 2-1 at intermission.
But within the second period's first five minutes, the Flyers caught a break. A turnover in the slot led to a Jeff Carter spin-and-fire wrister that Tomas Vokoun simply missed. Off his glove, in the net, tie game. Ten minutes later, Briere lays a great backhanded saucer pass to Carter on a 2-on-1 that he buried for the eventual game-winner. His team-leading 7th, if you care about that sort of thing.
Oh, and the Flyers held onto a lead in the third period. For those who wanted to see that as well.
Jump for bullets, Question with Answer, and the Comment of the Night.
- Blair Betts, Darroll Powe, Jody Shelley, and Nick Boynton were all minus-2. Not what you want from your fourth line.
- Boynton played less than 6 minutes and Sean O`Donnell played less than 10. Matt Carle and Andrej Meszaros both played over 26 minutes. Definitely time to put Erik Gustafsson in the lineup.
- Fascinating usage alert: Dan Carcillo was sheltered in the offensive zone tonight (7 faceoffs to 0 in the defensive zone), and Kris Versteeg - he of the two-way upgrade on Andreas Nodl - was given 8 offensive faceoffs to 0 defensive. Cue puzzled look.
- Each of the Flyers' top-6 forwards recorded a point tonight. That's a good start.
- Laviolette truly is the Master of the Timeout.
Question With Answer
- They win this game 1,000 to 3. Right? RIGHT? Close, Travis. Close.
Comment of the Night
Yes we have a lead!!!
Commence blowing of said lead….now!
EREX21 >> three minutes prior to Florida tying the game