Today's open discussion thread, complete with your daily dose of Philadelphia Flyers news and notes...
A little twist to today's thread. I've placed a pop-culture reference in every link blurb. If you can name them all you'll have my eternal respect.
- Everybody tells me that it's cool to be a cat....but not when they lose 3-2 to the Flyers. Recaps [BSH] [Flyers Faithful] [CSNPhilly] [Philly Sports Daily] [Inquirer] [delcotimes.com] [The700level.com] [Daily News]
- GMs are seeking to crack down on boarding and charging in hopes it will curtail head injuries. However, until mankind is peaceful enough not to have violence on the news, there's no point in taking it out of sports that need it for entertainment value. . [NHL.com]
- They are not in favor of blanket rules...they always leave your feet cold. You can push it, stretch it, it will never be enough. [SBNation.com]
- They also have the 5 point plan. It's smooth. Very smooth stuff, very classing. I'm learning a lot from them right now. [SBNation.com]
- The Phantoms are bolstering their blueline corps with a 6'6" 200lb Dane named Oliver causing Leighton to sing "Why Should I Worry" [NHLFlyers] [PostStar.com] [BSH]
- On a gathering storm comes / a tall handsome man / In a dusty black coat with / a healed right hand [Philly Sports Daily]
- Chris Pronger is going to be out for about a month. Could he be any more missed? [CSNPhilly]
- Sleight of hand and a twist of fate / on a bed of nails he makes us wait / and we wait without him. [Delco Times]
- The All-Star Fantasy Draft will return next year, maybe with a new name, but I've hung out with Fantasy guy, and you could do worse. [SBNation.com]
- In the AHL you must pay that man his money! But how much? This shows you, in charts. CHARTS! [The Copper & Blue]
- The Devils are making things very interesting...but not very likely [Hockey Prospectus]
- You know how I know you're old? You're leading your team in scoring. An interesting look at players that maybe could have gone one more year. [Hockey Prospectus]
- Finally, Bread, Butter, Chesse, BIrthday! Have a great day, Prometheus74. May it be filled with melty gooey cheesey goodness.