PHILADELPHIA, PA - APRIL 22: Philadelphia Flyers fans look on as the Philadelphia Flyers enter the ice to warm up prior to Game Five of the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals against the Buffalo Sabres during the 2011 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs at Wells Fargo Center on April 22, 2011 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. (Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)
Game 1, Eastern Conference Semifinals -- Series tied, 0-0
3:00 p.m. today at Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia
Catch the action on NBC, CBC, RDS and 610 WIP
Lineups, questions to answer and our in-game discussion after the jump.
Flyers Projected Lineup
Hartnell - Briere - Leino
van Riemsdyk - Giroux - Zherdev
Carcillo - Richards - Versteeg
Shelley - Betts - Powe
Carle - Pronger
Timonen - Coburn
Meszaros - SOD
Healthy Scratches: Danny Syvret, Nick Boynton, Matt Walker, Kevin Marshall, Erik Gustafsson, Zac Rinaldo, Ben Holmstrom, Eric Wellwood, Michael Ryan, Mike Testwuide, Johan Backlund
Injuries: Jeff Carter (knee), Andreas Nodl (eye), Michael Leighton (bruised ego), Oskars Bartulis (shoulder)
Boston Projected Lineup
Lucic - Krejci - Horton
Marchand - Bergeron - Recchi
Kelly - Peverley - Ryder
Paille - Campbell - Thornton
Chara - Seidenberg
Kaberle - McQuaid
Ference - Boychuk
Healthy Scratches: Tyler Seguin, Trent Whitfield, Kirk Macdonald, Jordan Caron, Zach Hamill, Lane Macdermid, Jamie Arniel, Shane Hnidy, Colby Cohen, Yury Alexandrov, Matt Bartowski, Steven Kampfer, Andrew Bodnarchuk, Anton Khudobin, Michael Hutchinson
Injuries: Marc Savard (concussion)
Questions to Answer
- The Flyers flew out of the gate in Game 7 on Tuesday after slow starts in many of the other games in the ECQF. Can they get out to a strong start in Game 1?
- The Bruins top line of Lucic, Krejci and Horton was atrocious in the first round, save two OT goals from Horton. Can the Flyers successfully keep them down and out to start this series?
- Brian Boucher was solid for all but about three minutes against the Sabres in Round 1. More of the same?
- Both teams have had horrible power plays in the playoffs so far. Are there any signs to the contrary today?
- Can the Flyers get to Tim Thomas successfully, or does he look just as scary (or scarier) as Ryan Miller did for Buffalo?
NBC, WIP, right here. Let's go, Flyers.