A buddy and I are putting together a roller hockey team for this summer. After researching a few of the leagues in the area, we decided on an Adult Inline league in West Chester, PA though Ice Line Quad Rinks.
We have 10 "committed" players so we are looking for about 8 more players to round out our team so that we can field a full team and officially register with the league. Registration is due by June 1st.
All the league information is listed on the league's website, but I'll try and summarize the important stuff:
- Games are played at the Ice Line Quad Rinks in West Chester. The address for the rinks is 700 Lawrence Drive, West Chester, PA 19380. (Map here) Obviously, you'll need to have your own transportation in order to get to games.
- All games will begin after 5pm on weekdays and after 10am on weekends (if needed).
- The season will run from the beginning of June to the beginning of August. (Note: With it being summer, player absences from games because of vacations and other events is understandable. If you cannot commit to the whole season but would be interested in filling in as a sub, when needed, make sure you get in contact with me so that I can get your contact information.)
- Obviously, all players must have all of the required equiptment: skates, shin/knee pads, elbow pads, hockey gloves, mouth guard (which you need to actually leave in your mouth unlike Kris Versteeg), stick and HECC approved helmet.
- League Costs: Because we hope to register as a team, the team registration fee is $995. Teams are allowed to register 18 players (16 skaters, 2 goalies). Assuming that we are able to put together a full 18 man team, that would mean that each player on the team would need to pay between $50-60. This price is significantly better than the $175 it costs to register individually. However, the price increases per person if we are unable to register a full team.
- Other costs include referee fees and jersey costs. Each team pays the referee $20 per game. This cost obviously depends on how many games (+playoff games) the league schedules. Once we know exactly how many games end up being scheduled, we'll create a pot and split the costs among the team evenly. Each team is required to have matching, numbered jerseys. Jersey costs will depend on where we buy them from and what we end up putting on them. If you know of somewhere that we can get cheap hockey jerseys from, please pass on that company's name in the comments.
- Also, we are looking for a good team name. Leave any suggestions in the comments.
- We'd obviously prefer players who have experience playing organized hockey (roller or ice). Not mandatory but ideal if we hope to actually compete in the league.
- As is the case with any hockey team, we are always looking for goalies. If you are interested in playing goalie or even have all the equipment, make sure you let me know in the comments.
If you have questions that need clarification, ask them in the comments. As the plans progress, I'll update the post to keep all those who are interested informed.
If you are interested in joining our team, let me know in the comments and I'll give you further instructions.
Just a small side note: We need players who are actually committed and willing to show up consistently. It sucks when you have those guys who come to games occasionally and can't be counted on. Don't be that guy!
(Also, if you'd be so kind as to rec this post so that it stays at the top.)