Today's open discussion thread, complete with your daily dose of Philadelphia Flyers news and notes...
- Nassau County voted against supporting a new arena for the New York Islanders. The team's future = in doubt. [SBNation.com] More at Lighthouse Hockey, of course.
- Congrats to Chuck Gormley, who moves on after 22 years covering the Flyers at the Courier Post to cover the Capitals at CSN Washington. [CSN DC]
- A profile on Brandon Manning: [Flyers Faithful]
- Looking at Andreas Lilja, welcoming him to Philadelphia: [Flyers Goal Scored By...]
- Jersey updates for the 2011-12 season: [icethetics]
- Alexander Frolov may have - translation problems and what not - accused Sean Avery of making racial slurs during games: [Deadspin]
- An interesting look at how much teams spend on their top five highest cap hits as a percentage of the cap: [CBSSports.com]
- There are no birthdays for three weeks, so I will absolutely forget to check back at the end of August. Forewarning.
- Lastly, in response to the spat between Bill Meltzer and I last week, a look - with quotes from both of us - at the current debate over Corsi and advanced statistics in hockey. Not choosing sides, just framing the debate: [SPORTSOLOGY]