PHILADELPHIA, PA - OCTOBER 27: The scoreboard reflects the final score following the game between the Philadelphia Flyers and the Winnipeg Jets at the Wells Fargo Center on October 27, 2011 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The Jets defeated the Flyers 9-8. (Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)
Today's open discussion thread, complete with your daily dose of Philadelphia Flyers-related news and notes...
- Danny Briere, Jaromir Jagr, James van Riemsdyk, and Zac Rinaldo were all on the ice at practice yesterday: [CSNPhilly]
- Jagr isn't frustrated yet: [delcotimes.com]
- The Flyers face the Jets tonight to kick off a difficult month: [CSNPhilly] [Bill Meltzer]
- Can Scott Hartnell score 40 goals this year? [The Checking Line]
- The All-Star Game isn't broken, but it can be improved. Travis gives three easy fixes: [SBNation.com]
- NHL Power Rankings this week, including playoff probabilities and a new leader atop the Western Conference: [SB Nation Philly]
- How do rookies compare to each other using bubble graphs: [The Copper & Blue]
- The Hurricanes signed Tim Gleason to a four-year, $16 million extension: [SBNation.com] [Puck Daddy]
- Just like Gleason, Ryan Suter is unlikely to be traded: [Frequent Flyers]
- The NHL got 9 minutes on SportsCenter last week. Once again less than baseball: [Deadspin]
- Can you name the NHL's best shootout specialist? No? That's the point: [Backhand Shelf]
- Ben returns to the States today, so be sure to greet him warmly.