Scott Rovak-US PRESSWIRE - Presswire
The NHL makes an offer they should have made in August, Matt Konan ends his disappearance, Canada entertains the possibility of getting two expansion teams and one individual shares people who thought the lockout was over.
Today's open discussion thread, complete with your daily dose of Philadelphia Flyers-related news and notes...
- But the NHL did make a proposal that, among other things, proposed a 50/50 split in HRR. Full coverage: [SBNation.com]
- Flyers head coach Peter Laviolette is spending the lockout helping coach his sons and working with AHL players. WARNING! Annoying Autoplay of Death: [CSNPhilly]
- Matt Konan joined the Phantoms after a mysterious absence: [Phantoms Forum]
- The NHL may be looking to add - expand - two new franchises, one in Toronto and one in Quebec City: [SBNation.com] [Puck Daddy]
- Travis explains why that makes sense: [SBNation.com]
- Lengthy post speculating where the NHL would be if Bain Capital had bought the NHL in 2005: [Deadspin]
- The KHL has suspended referees three games and demoted linesmen out of the KHL for missing a too many men on the ice call. Whoa: [Puck Daddy]
- Looking at the 2004-05 lockout effect on attendance the following year: [NHLNumbers]
- Individual point percentage from 2008-2012 has Claude Giroux atop the NHL: [NHLNumbers]
- The lockout isn't over, but many, many people happily exclaimed it was on twitter. A sampling: [Angry NHL Fans]