Tom Szczerbowski-US PRESSWIRE - Presswire
Today's morning links give us Sean Couturier hoping to realize his offensive potential in the AHL, Pat LaFontaine throwing his hat in the mess that is Islanders ownership, and a bunch of nerds hating on Calgary GM Jay Feaster.
Today's open discussion thread, complete with your daily dose of Philadelphia Flyers-related news and notes...
- Sean Couturier will look to grow his offensive game in the AHL: [CSNPhilly]
- The Phantoms play the Devils today at 2 in Voorhees: [Inquirer] [Bill Meltzer]
- Quick recap of how the locked-out Flyers did in their European debuts: [Philly.com]
- Niko Hovinen is tall. Kind of like Oliver Lauridsen, but taller: [Broad Street Bull]
- It's not in the owners' interests to lose the entire season either: [NHLNumbers]
- But the NHL did start four-day work weeks and 20 percent pay cuts for staffers yesterday: [SBNation.com]
- Five questions with Ken Hitchcock: [NHL.com]
- Ryan Lambert on why the NHL can't solve diving: [Puck Daddy]
- The Big Ten Network will air the January 26th game between Penn State and Michigan State: [Thank You Terry]
- Pat LaFontaine may purchase the Islanders: [Puck Daddy]
- A 23-member panel voted on the summer signings, and they resoundingly hate the Denis Wideman contract: [Hockey Prospectus]
- The NHL and NHLPA discuss the non-core economic issues: [Down Goe Brown]