The NHL temporarily allowed their owners and GMs to talk to the players last week, explaining the lockout using beer, and marveling at Brett Hull's troll-ability.
Today's open discussion thread, complete with your daily dose of Philadelphia Flyers-related news and notes...
- Jakub Voracek will not need a knee brace when he returns from his knee injury: [CSNPhilly]
- AHL standings update shows the Phantoms in third place in their division at 2-2-0: [SB Nation Philly]
- Nick Cousins continues to put up points: [The Hockey Guys]
- The NHL sent a memo to GMs and owners allowing them to talk to players about the league's proposal. They forgot to tell the NHLPA: [SBNation.com] [Puck Daddy]
- Why the NHL may not want to end the lockout: [SI Red Light]
- Ilya Kovalchuk demanded he be paid the full value of his contract: [Puck Daddy]
- The AHL is going to adopt hybrid icing, which is a good thing, but also will result in many confused fans: [Backhand Shelf]
- Looking at individual point percentage for defensemen last year shows Andrej Meszaros, Matt Carle and Kimmo Timonen near the top: [NHLNumbers]
- Being 6'5" as a 12 year old is not all that awesome for at least one hockey player: [Deadspin]
- Trailer for "The Last Gladiators", a documentary about old-school fighters: [Backhand Shelf]
- Brett Hull is a fantastic troll, this time tweeting out his Buffalo-baiting Halloween pumpkin: [Puck Daddy]
- Great video - not safe for work - explaining the NHL lockout using beer: [Backhand Shelf]