Rob Carr - Getty Images
Jake Voracek may have been hurt over the weekend in the KHL, but at least he's not fat like Evander Kane.
Today's open discussion thread, complete with your daily dose of Philadelphia Flyers-related news and notes...
- Jake Voracek was reportedly injured in a KHL game over the weekend. Gulp. [CSN] [SB Nation Philly]
- ... but at least he didn't show up fat, like Evander Kane. [PHT]
- Claude Giroux and Danny Briere were welcomed to Germany by their new club. They'll officially arrive later this week and should be in uniform by the weekend. [Eisbären Berlin]
- Ilya Bryzgalov made a bit of news over the weekend, saying that NHL players, especially highly-paid Russian stars, may opt to stay in the KHL even after the lockout ends. [SBNation.com]
- Coming soon: the KHL's North American division? [Mile High Hockey]
- Ted Starkey on the predictable path of this NHL lockout. [SB Nation DC]
- EA explains the physics behind the 'Hercules Check.' [Polygon/The Verge]