As Dennis Green would say, he is who you thought he was; The Forbes numbers are out, but you should not trust them; Also, best wishes to Josh Harding as he battles MS.
Today's open discussion thread, complete with your daily dose of Philadelphia Flyers-related news and notes...
* Claude Giroux said he is feeling "really fine", even if the phrasing is terribly awkward: [CSNPhilly] [Daily News]
* The Phantoms lost to St. John's 3-2 last night: [Philadelphia Flyers] [Phantoms Forum] [The Saratogian] [Bill Meltzer] [Philadelphia Flyers]
* Zac Rinaldo left less than 12 minutes into the game after receiving an elbowing major and a game misconduct: [Phantoms Forum]
* Video of Rinaldo's hit, proving once again that whatever you think about the hit now will not be swayed by video evidence: [YouTube]
* The Phantoms still take too many penalties, and it cost them again last night: [Phantoms Forum]
* Eric Wellwood had a wake up call from Terry Murray: [Daily News]
* Recapping round one of Homer's Do's and Doh's: [Flyers Faithful]
* And starting round two, with Braydon Coburn v. Hartnell/Timonen acquisitions and Steve Eminger acquisition v. Scottie Upshall trade: [Flyers Faithful]
* Then and now with David Laliberte, who reminds us all how powerful a 2-game sample can be in our opinions of hockey players: [Flyers Faithful]
* Terrible news from Minnesota as Josh Harding was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis: [StarTribune.com] [SB Nation.com]
* Forbes released their yearly figures on the NHL: [Forbes]
* But you should be highly skeptical of the Forbes numbers: [mc79hockey.com]
* Explaining why owners aren't particularly fond of escrow either: [Driving Play]
* The WHL doesn't mess around. The Portland Winterhawks have some severe punishment in store for violating league rules: [SBNation.com] [Backhand Shelf] [Western College Hockey Blog]