GLENS FALLS -- That Phantoms 1-0 lead? Hey, it's now a two-goal lead! Ben Holmstrom scored a pretty goal after diving at a loose puck in the slot and Adirondack is looking a whole lot better than they did a night ago. Some notes from the second period:
* The Phantoms pieced together several strong shifts in a row right around the midway point of the game. All five players on the ice were active, they got pucks to the net, cycled well, generated chances. It's the first time all weekend we've seen that for more than two consecutive shifts at even strength.
* On the heels of that nice stretch of play, the Phantoms earned themselves a power play thanks to the continued pressure. They couldn't make anything of it with the man advantage, but ...
* ... the strong play carried over after the penalty expired. On another lengthy shift in the Albany end and with the puck bouncing around in front of the net, Holmstrom dove across the slot and jabbed at the loose puck. Up, over the shoulder, goal. 2-0 Phantoms.
* Erik Gustafsson and Marc-Andre Bourdon lead the Phantoms' D in ice time through two. Gus has made his share of mistakes tonight, but he's also played 18 and a half minutes through two periods of play. Bourdon has played just shy of 18 minutes, Danny Syvret has played 13:49 while Jeff Dimmen, Cullen Eddy and Oliver Lauridsen are all lagging behind.
* Overall, the Phantoms really looked a whole lot crisper that period and in this game so far. They seem to be playing as a unit instead of, as Terry Murray put it last night, "freelancing." Good things.
* The first period was the first time all season the Phantoms had carried a lead into an intermission break. Twice in the same night, now!
Follow along with our StoryStream for much more from tonight's game.