Updates from Phantoms practice, recaps of Team USA's 8-0 defeat of Germany and some dreaded CBA discussions.
Today's open discussion thread, complete with your daily dose of Philadelphia Flyers-related news and notes...
* Trenton beat Reading 2-1 in overtime last night: [The Checking Line]
* Practice report from Glens Falls: [The Saratogian]
* Recap of the USA's 8-0 win over Germany: [SBNation.com]
* The inaugural Three Rivers Classic starts tonight in Pittsburgh, with Penn State, Ohio State, Miami (Ohio) and Robert Morris participating: [Thank You Terry]
* Get to know Cullen Eddy and learn about his holiday break: [Phantoms Forum]
* Profile of Flyers' 2012 second round pick, Anthony Stolarz: [Philadelphia Flyers]
* Top 10 saves of 2012, with an appearance from Ilya Bryzgalov: [Puck Daddy]
* Why haven't more fans cancelled season tickets? [Puck Daddy]
* Doug Weight spoke about changes to the Islanders power play and how they fixed it with zone entries: [Lighthouse Hockey]
* Carey Price tweeted a picture of the coyote he successfully hunted. Naturally, this provoked anger: [Deadspin]
* The city of Detroit is attempting to collect millions of dollars from the Red Wings the team reportedly owes: [The Detroit News] [Winging It In Motown] [Deadspin]
* Reminiscent of Dominik Hasek on Marian Gaborik, here's Jake Theut flipping a forward on a breakaway: [Puck Daddy]
* Wondering how a shortened season would effect HRR payments and low-revenue/non-playoff teams' finances: [Driving Play]