Here's the deal: Remember that recap of Saturday's game against the New York Rangers? Go read it. The exact same shit still applies.
The Flyers lost a game due to a bad penalty kill and just all-around poor team defense, despite the fact that they probably outplayed -- or, at the very least, were on the same level as -- the Detroit Red Wings for the majority of the hockey game. There's not much more you can write about it or say about it. It is what it is at this point.
Four days to let this one fester, no game until Thursday night. Don't listen to WIP for a few days if you value your mental health.
Questions with Answers
- Joey MacDonald has been good for the Wings in his limited action, but he's not the greatest goalie in the world. It could be perceived as a weakness for Detroit. Can the Flyers exploit? Two MacDonald mistakes led directly to two Flyers goals. So, yep.
- Special teams were the Achilles heel on Saturday. Better in both departments tonight? Nope.
- How many times is "history" mentioned during the NBCSN broadcast? Relying on somebody to keep track here. 11. Thanks, everybody who kept count. You've done us all a great service.
- Kimmo Timonen talked about the lack of effort against the Rangers. Do they appear a bit more in gear for this one? Tough to tell, really. There's definitely plenty of emotion out there, for sure. It's not a happy hockey team right now.
- Wayne Simmonds has been playing really well lately. The Flyers can especially use him on the power play tonight, but in general, can he keep up his nice stretch, maybe grab himself a goal? Zero points, two penalties.
Comment of the Night