Swagger. This man has it. (Photo by Jeff Gross/Getty Images)
Today's open discussion thread, complete with your daily dose of Philadelphia Flyers-related news and notes...
- Swagger. Swagger. Funny word: [delcotimes.com] [CSNPhilly]
- Previewing the Flyers game against the Sabres tonight: [Bill Meltzer] [Daily News]
- Peter Laviolette had a nice retort to Tim Panaccio's baiting: [the700level]
- James van Riemsdyk practiced yesterday, but he doesn't feel better, which makes you wonder why he practiced in full: [CSNPhilly] [Inquirer]
- Jaromir Jagr turned 40, so the NHL spoke with 40 current and former players, coaches, and media about Jagr's career: [NHL.com]
- A look at Ian Laperriere and his staying involved in the Flyers organization: [Daily News]
- Petr Nedved is still playing hockey, and he's doing quite well. But what you care about is his interview about Jagr: [Flyers Faithful]
- Dave Strehle talks more about Rick Nash: [SB Nation Philly]
- An interesting theory from Rick Tocchet: Have a shootout specialist like Ales Kotalik or Erik Christensen instead of an enforcer as the 12th man in the lineup: [the700level]
- From Ben: The Capitals, who are now only 5 points ahead of the Islanders, have their star of the teal era criticizing Captain Red Rocker. By the way, Team Kolzig. Even I never disliked that guy.