BUFFALO, NY - APRIL 18: Jeff Carter #17 and Mike Richards #18 of the Philadelphia Flyers celebrate after Carter scored Philadelphia's first goal against the Buffalo Sabres in Game Three of the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals during the 2011 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs at HSBC Arena at HSBC Arena on April 18, 2011 in Buffalo, New York. (Photo by Rick Stewart/Getty Images)
Today's open discussion thread, complete with your daily dose of Philadelphia Flyers news and notes...
- Mike Richards and Jeff Carter have been reunited in Los Angeles. No, that really wasn't a dream. [SBNation.com] [The Cannon] [Jewels From the Crown] [Puck Daddy] [Flyers Faithful]
- Flyers lost last night. We'll spare you the recaps.
- Jaromir Jagr was almost an Oiler four years ago. He decided to go to Russia and play in the KHL instead. [CSN]
- Marc-Andre Bourdon is back with the Phantoms, ready to be a first-pairing guy down there: [PostStar]
- Looking back at the 1985 and 1987 Finals. Damnit. [Philly.com]
- Written before the Carter trade yesterday: Members of the Blue Jackets are rightfully nervous about the trade rumors. [SBNation.com]
- Did a hockey website inadvertently leak the Leafs' deadline plans? [Pension Plan Puppets]
- Jonathan Toews was in a car accident yesterday. He's alright, but while he was getting checked out in the ambulance, bystanders were taking pictures and asking for his autograph. [SBNation.com]
- Finally, HBO's Real Sports did a segment on the Lokomotiv Yaroslavl plane crash the other night. It will both break your heart and make you very, very angry. Video: [Part 1, Part 2]