WINNIPEG, CANADA - FEBRUARY 21: Jaromir Jagr #68 of the Philadelphia Flyers celebrates his overtime goal during their NHL game against the Winnipeg Jets at MTS Centre on February 21, 2012 in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. (Photo by Tom Szczerbowski/Getty Images)
Today's open discussion thread, complete with your daily dose of Philadelphia Flyers news and notes...
- We'll have a deadline discussion thread up today at 11 a.m. You can follow along with all the trades over at SBNation.com and can keep up with all the rumors and speculation with SBNation.com's dedicated StoryStream.
- But it might be a pretty slow deadline. The Flyers are likely done, as we already know, and the one club that seemed extremely serious about acquiring Rick Nash has reportedly dropped out of the running. (Yes, that's the Rangers for those who haven't been paying attention.) [SBNation.com] [Blueshirt Banter]
- The Phantoms beat Binghamton -- finally -- on Saturday. [Post Star]
- Geoff was on Driving Play's podcast. He was overshadowed by Dirk from On the Forecheck. [Driving Play]
- More on the Jeff Carter deal. Eric T. wrote one of these stories. [SBNation.com] [Hockey Prospectus]
- Johan Backlund made 48 saves on 51 shots in a 6-3 win. [euroflyers]
- Jakub Kovar stopped 28 of 29 shots in a 2-1 win, his regular season finale: [euroflyers]
- Kovar ended the season with a 92.6 save percentage, a 2.37 goals against average and 3 shutouts in 52 games: [euroflyers]
- A fan's guide to NHL trade deadline day. [Down Goes Brown]
- The life of ECHL goalie Brad Phillips. [The Checking Line]
- Why hasn't Nashville seen a Minnesota-like regression? [Backhand Shelf]
- Finally, I didn't know this song existed until this weekend. I'm not sure how I feel about that. Either way, thanks, Ben. [YouTube]