It's Super Foosball Sunday! Yay! But before the big game starts, and 5 hours after the pre-game coverage started, there's some hockey to watch.
The Flyers got spanked yesterday. There's no denying that. Philadelphia comes into the game winning only one of their last four games. Granted, two of those were decided by coin flips but suffice it to say they haven't been getting bounces or playing their best of late.
Sitting three points ahead of them, atop the Eastern Conference standings are the New York Rangers. The Broadway Blueshirts' last game was on Wednesday. They're rested, they're a good team (Wow...it physically hurt my fingers to type that.), they've won six of their last ten.
If we see the Flyers team from the first two periods yesterday, this game will--you guessed it--suck. If we see the Flyers from the third period yesterday, this game should be a good one.
Ilya Bryzgalov will get the nod from Peter Laviolette.
Probably King Hank, the White-Gloved Wonder, for the Rangers but that's not definite.
Questions to Answer
1) The Lady or the Tiger. Do the Flyers from the first 40 minutes show up, or is it the team from the final stanza?
2) One good turn deserves another. The Flyers haven't scored on the Blueshirts since Mike Rupp's controversial salute. If (when? please?) the Flyers score is there any Anisimov-ing or other celebratory trolling?
3) The HuMANgous big one. At the risk of jinxing him, Bryzy has looked pretty good in his last few starts. Does that continue today?
4) Poltergiest Effect. We saw traces of it yesterday but is it possible that G and Jags are baaaaaaaaaacck?
5) Theory of Relevance. Does Shelley find a dance partner?