NEWARK, NJ - MARCH 11: Goalie Sergei Bobrovsky #35 of the Philadelphia Flyers makes a save against the New Jersey Devils in the first period of an NHL hockey game at Prudential Center on March 11, 2012 in Newark, New Jersey. (Photo by Paul Bereswill/Getty Images)
Today's open discussion thread, complete with your daily dose of Philadelphia Flyers news...
- Recaps of last night's loss: [BSH] [CSNPhilly] [Flyers Faithful] [The Checking Line] [Inquirer] [delcotimes] [Daily News]
- Matt Read is a great story. When looking at his February drought, don't leave out the details or you'll miss a lot of the story: [SB Nation Philly]
- Revisiting the Calder and Hart Trophy discussions: [GCOBB.COM]
- The NHL General Managers meetings are this week, and they figure to focus on the CBA: [Daily News]
- The Phantoms beat Worcester 4-1 Sunday: [Phantoms Forum]
- Oliver Lauridsen scored twice and blocked a shot with his ear in the Phantoms 4-3 win against Albany Saturday: [PostStar]
Jakub Kovar stopped 42 of 46 shots in a 6-4, series-tying win in Game
- Johan Backlund stopped 23 of 25 shots in a 2-1 loss Saturday: [euroflyers]
- What do you think about NHL teams being able to trade portions of cap hits? [Puck Daddy]
- Looking at the Vertical-Horizontal Stance, otherwise known as "The Leighton", and how it is just awful: [The LeafsNation]
- Ondrej Pavelec is good, but he's awfully streaky. A thorough look at why quality start metrics enhance what we know about goalies: [Backhand Shelf]
- Congratulations to beatniche for winning the BSH Champions League Presidents Trophy. Entered the final week in 3rd place, comes out in 1st. To the playoffs we go!