BOSTON, MA - MAY 17: Signage is seen under the ice prior to Game Two of the Eastern Conference Finals between the Boston Bruins and the Tampa Bay Lightning during the 2011 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs at TD Garden on May 17, 2011 in Boston, Massachusetts. (Photo by Jim Rogash/Getty Images)
Today's open discussion thread, complete with your daily dose of Philadelphia Flyers-related news and notes ...
- The schedule for the Eastern Conference Quarterfinal series between the Flyers and Pittsburgh Penguins was released yesterday. [BSH]
- ... and the complete schedule for all eight first round series. [SBNation.com]
- As a reminder, you can get Penguins coverage throughout the series from our friends at Pensburgh and SB Nation Pittsburgh.
- Changing the lyrics of "Knock Knock" to fit the Flyers. Or something. [Soundcloud]
- The Phantoms are battling for the postseason in the AHL. They beat Albany 3-2 on Friday night and 5-3 on Saturday night, but were unable to move into playoff position following an Easter Sunday loss to Rochester. [Post Star]
- Zac Rinaldo ended the season just three PIM off the league lead. [Frequent Flyers]
- Two of ESPN's 12 hockey experts picked the Flyers to beat the Penguins. Both in seven games. [ESPN]
- Boston College won their fifth national championship on Saturday, defeating Ferris State 4-1 at the Frozen Four title game in Tampa. [SBNation.com]
- Taking suggestions on the female equivalent of the playoff beard. [St. Louis Game Time]
- Penguin is on the menu in Claude's kitchen. [Rob Tornoe]
- What to make of the resurgence of the Florida Panthers? [Hockey Prospectus]
- Can't help but be happy for Ray Emery after all of his injury struggles during his time with the Flyers. He signed a one-year contract extension with the Blackhawks over the weekend. [SBNation.com]
- 29 reasons to cheer for the Phoenix Coyotes in the Western Conference playoffs. [Five For Howling]
- Finally, the Flyers will practice at 11 a.m. this morning at the Skate Zone in Voorhees. Open to the public, as always.