GLENDALE, AZ - MAY 15: Jeff Carter #77 of the Los Angeles Kings scores against goaltender Mike Smith #41 of the Phoenix Coyotes in the second period of Game Two of the Western Conference Final during the 2012 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs at Jobing.com Arena on May 15, 2012 in Phoenix, Arizona. (Photo by Jeff Gross/Getty Images)
Today's open discussion thread, complete with your daily dose of Philadelphia Flyers-related news and notes...
- A great look at the Flyers defensive scheme, sent to us in response to our article yesterday: [D-Zone Hockey]
- Examining college (potential) free agent defenseman Justin Schultz: [The Checking Line]
- Bill Meltzer on former Flyer Patrick Thoresen leading all skaters in points at the Worlds: [NHL.com]
- A breakdown of the Flyers' season and why it was not a failure: [The Hockey Writers]
- A special trading card set celebrating the Flyers' history: [the700level]
- The NHL once again got less air time on SportsCenter than the NFL: [Deadspin]
- A great look behind the L.A. Kings twitter feed: [Puck Daddy]
- Ten crazy numbers out of the first two rounds of the playoffs: [Arctic Ice Hockey]
- Attempting to create an OPS for hockey. It's pretty raw and quite technical, but some may find it fascinating: [Fear the Fin]
- Hidden playoff injuries revealed: [Down Goes Brown]
- Happy Birthday to both Hintzy and DragonGirl!