WASHINGTON, DC - DECEMBER 30: Mike Weber #6 of the Buffalo Sabres advances the puck up the ice against the Washington Capitals at Verizon Center on December 30, 2011 in Washington, DC. (Photo by Patrick McDermott/Getty Images)
Today's open discussion thread, complete with your daily dose of Philadelphia Flyers-related news and notes...
- The lead story is Dennis Veteri, the Flyers fan who beat up a Rangers fan after the Winter Classic, filing for a dismissal of all charges. A quick little blurb here: [Philly.com]
- Grading the season of Ville Leino: [Die By the Blade]
- Remember Almost-Drafted Bobby Sanguinetti Over Claude Giroux? The Hurricanes re-signed him: [Canes Country]
- An introduction to how the soon-expiring CBA handles waivers and re-entry waivers: [Flyers Faithful]
- The Red Wings are finally in the process of designing a new building: [SBNation.com]
- Ellen Etchingham with another fantastic post on locker room distractions and dramas: [Backhand Shelf]
- A look at the Dallas Stars and how they are approaching free agency in a summer of CBA uncertainty: [Defending Big D]
- The Sabres are likely to have a few defensemen available and I wouldn't mind taking Mike Weber away from them: [Die By The Blade]
- Eric wrote a great post on why Zach Parise is a fantastic player who is a highly risky free agent: [NHLNumbers.com]
- Justin Bourne comes in with the rebuttal to Eric's post: [Backhand Shelf]
- A graphic looking at how the four major sports break down in terms of how it effects the economy: [Hockey Gear HQ]
- From Ben: Eurovision 2012 starts today with the first semifinal. Live thread will be up at 2, and the show starts at 3. Then more WTFs tonight. It's the most wonderful time of the year..