CHICAGO - MAY 27: Scott Hartnell of the Philadelphia Flyers smiles at a reporter's question about cutting his hair during Stanley Cup media day at the United Center on May 27, 2010 in Chicago, Illinois. (Photo by Jonathan Daniel/Getty Images)
Today's open discussion thread, complete with your daily dose of Philadelphia Flyers-related news and notes ...
- Preview of tonight's game: [Bill Meltzer]
- Giroux's suspension could be just the moment the Flyers need to go on a run: [SB Nation Philly]
- The Flyers watched the tape of Game 4 and saw a lot of the same things from Game 3: [NHL.com]
- Needs more forechecking! (I kid, but, uh, it's true): [CSNPhilly]
- Flyers season ticket holders are suing the team, claiming they were misled regarding Winter CLassic tickets: [Daily News]
- Jakub Kovar stopped 28 of 31 shots and 3 of 3 in the shootout during Czech Republic's 4-3 over Norway: [euroflyers] [IIHF]
- OMG! Ryan Getzlaf and Corey Perry were apparently out drinking at a bar until 3 am in Finland during the World Championships: [Puck Daddy] [Deadspin]
- Patrick Kane was caught being Patrick Kane, drinking in Wisconsin, but this time, he appears to be wearing a shirt with a picture of a drunken Patrick Kane on the back. Can you imagine Richards/Carter/Kane?: [Deadspin] [Deadspin]
- Greg Jamison was endorsed by the NHL to own the Coyotes: [Puck Daddy]
- Great story on the stupidity of singling out players and stereotyping their desires and flaws based on nationality: [OilersNation]
- Looking at Alex Ovechkin's disappearing minutes and the correlation between the Caps winning when he plays less: [Backhand Shelf]
- Hysterical power rankings for the countries participating in the World Championships, from the League running the tournament: [IIHF]
- In other IIHF news, Oskars Bartulis leads Latvia into a "should-win" against Italy this morning at 10:15 am EDT. Steal the show, Wolf.
- Speaking of Oskars Bartulis, he leads off this gallery of the back of every current Flyer's head. The internet is weird. [Tumblr]