PHILADELPHIA, PA - JANUARY 1: Peter Laviolette of the Philadelphia Flyers looks on during practice for the 2012 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic at Citizens Bank Park on January 1, 2012 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. (Photo by Christopher Pasatieri/Getty Images)
Pending the signing of a new collective bargaining agreement between the NHL and the NHL Players' Association, the Philadelphia Flyers will begin the 2012-13 hockey season at home on Tuesday, September 25 when they host the Chicago Blackhawks in preseason action at Wells Fargo Center.
Here's the full preseason schedule:
- Tuesday, September 25: Flyers vs. Blackhawks at Wells Fargo Center
- Wednesday, September 26: Flyers vs. Maple Leafs at John Labatt Centre in London, Ont.
- Saturday, September 29: Flyers vs. Rangers at Wells Fargo Center
- Monday, October 1: Flyers vs. Devils at Wells Fargo Center
- Tuesday, October 2: Flyers at Maple Leafs in Toronto, Ont.
- Friday, October 5: Flyers at Devils in Newark, N.J.
- Saturday, October 6: Flyers at Blackhawks in Chicago, Ill.
Aside from the game in Chicago to close the preseason, which will begin at 8:30 p.m. ET, all games are set to begin at 7 p.m. No television details have been announced. The regular season is set to begin vs. Boston at the Wells Fargo Center on Friday, October 11.
The Flyers also announced Tuesday that a four-day-long rookie camp will begin Sunday, Sept. 16 at the Flyers Skate Zone in Voorhees. The rookies will travel to Washington to take on Capitals rookies at Kettler Capitals Iceplex at 3 p.m. on Thursday, September 20.
Details have not been announced on full training camp. It typically begins a day or two following the conclusion of rookie camp.