ST. LOUIS - SEPTEMBER 20: A video tribute to the members of the Yaroslavl Lokomotiv Russian hockey team that were killed in a plane crash is played prior to a pre-season game between the Tampa Bay Lightning and the St. Louis Blues at the Scottrade Center on September 20, 2011 in St. Louis, Missouri. The Blues beat the Lightning 3-1. (Photo by Dilip Vishwanat/Getty Images)
Today's open discussion thread, complete with your daily dose of Philadelphia Flyers-related news and notes...
- Looking at the importance of screening the goalie, how it's done and how it works: [Flyers Faithful]
- Arguing that the Flyers still have time to improve due to the uncertainty of the CBA: [CSNPhilly]
- Looking at Donald Fehr and his tactics toward the NHL: [Red Light]
- Almost a year after the tragedy, Lokomotiv is returning to the KHL: [Puck Daddy]
- The Maple Leafs may be modeling their Winter Classic jersey ofter ones they wore in the 30s: [icethetics] [Puck Daddy]
- From Ben: Latvia qualified two teams into the men's beach volleyball Round of 16, only one of four countries to do so and by far the smallest (and coldest). Nicely done, Plavins/Smedins and Samoilovs/Sorokins. Still awaiting the first Latvian medal, but BMX should end the shutout if nothing does before that. [London 2012]