PHILADELPHIA, PA - APRIL 29: Danny Briere #48 of the Philadelphia Flyers celebrates his second period goal against the New Jersey Devils with teammate Claude Giroux #28 in Game One of the Eastern Conference Semifinals during the 2012 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs at the Wells Fargo Center on April 29, 2012 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. (Photo by Jim McIsaac/Getty Images)
If all goes according to plan, the Philadelphia Flyers will kick off their preseason schedule on Sept. 25 against the Chicago Blackhawks at the Wells Fargo Center. As we try to survive until then, let's count down the days.
48 days until preseason. Significant 48's in Flyers history:
- Danny Briere, obviously. Colin Forbes, Freddy Meyer, Bill Root and Reid Simpson have also worn the number in orange and black.
- The number of home-ice wins against the New Jersey Devils in team history.
- Jeff Carter scored 48 regular-season power play goals as a member of the Flyers.
- Mark Howe scored 48(0) regular season points as a member of the Flyers.
- The Flyers have lost 48 games in a season once. You know the year.
- The Flyers have won 48 games in a season twice, in 1976-77 and 1977-78.
- The number of game-winning goals scored by Reggie Leach.
- 48(6): The number of regular season games played with the Flyers by both Bernie Parent and Eric Lindros.
- The Flyers played 48 games in the lockout-shortened 1994-95 season.
Add yours in the comments.