Today's open discussion thread, complete with your daily dose of Philadelphia Flyers-related news and notes...
- How is it possible that the NHL on the whole is losing money? Short answer: It's highly unlikely to be true: [On the Forecheck]
Gabriel Landeskog was named the new captain of the Avalanche, the youngest captain in history: [Mile High Hockey] [Backhand Shelf] [Puck Daddy]
- It is now legal to kick the puck in the net in the Swedish Elite League: [Backhand Shelf]
- Searching for a bright spot in the now-stalled CBA talks: [SI Red Light]
- Canada's application for the 1972 Summit Series: [Down Goes Brown]
- New fantasy game from SB Nation, to go along with their baseball game: [Pick 6 Football]