Getting ready for Flyers camp, talking about mending lockout wounds, a couple DGB posts and a hilarious except from Sean Pronger's book.
Today's open discussion thread, complete with your daily dose of Philadelphia Flyers-related news and notes...
* Crazy idea time - Jonathan Willis says that if the Flyers are thinking about buying out Ilya Bryzgalov, they should trade him for Rick DiPietro and buy out the former #1 overall instead: [NHLNumbers.com]
* Season predictions: [Flyers Faithful]
* Glens Falls still wants a team, and the best way to do that is to support the out-going Phantoms: [Flyers Faithful]
* Kevin Dineen still loves Glens Falls: [PostStar]
* Talking to some fans who don't plan on watching the shortened season: [CSNPhilly]
* The other side of that coin: arguing that fans won't stay away for long, nor should they: [the700level]
* Asking some sports media experts how the NHL can improve their television audiences in a rebound from the lockout: [SBNation.com]
* Hilarious excerpt from Sean Pronger's book about the time he went to practice hungover and found himself placed on Wayne Gretzky's line: [Deadspin]
* Get your 2013 Columbus All-Star Game t-shirts for only $4.93! [Puck Daddy]
* What went wrong for Brian Burke, other than almost everything? [Grantland]
* On Gary Bettman's apology: [Puck Daddy]
* Likes and dislikes in the new CBA: [Driving Play]
* Bettman, Fehr and the lockout's guilty conscience: [Down Goes Brown]
* Pretty sure this could be published as a novel, but studying luck and other factors in PDO: [NHLNumbers.com]